According to the Trafficking Victim's Protection Act, human trafficking is an umbrella term for the "act of recruiting, harboring, transporting, providing, or obtaining a person for compelled labor or commercial sex acts through the use of force, fraud, or coercion."
Although we live in a modern society where human trafficking has become a topic that is not only widely discussed, but has become a popular social justice issue, many individuals tend to question whether or not trafficking is an active problem in their city or country. I can tell you that not only is human trafficking taking place where you live, but it is a epidemic all across the globe.
Since there is no place or location in the world that is immune from trafficking - this needs to impact you in a way that inspires action.
Action not only promotes action, but I also believe that there are several things we can do to take steps of action, as well as make a difference in the lives of individuals who have experienced trafficking and change the landscape of where your live...
1) Learn about all forms of trafficking and the ways that it presents itself locally where you live.
2) Get connected to groups that are making a difference and are educating their local community with high levels of integrity.
3) Donate to vetted organizations that are making a difference.
4) Focus on the quality of your action verses the quantity of your action. The topic of trafficking is so broad and widespread that we need to focus on the place or person that God put's in our life and calls us to love.
5) Most importantly ask God to give you wisdom and to show you what He wants you to do.